Sunday, March 31, 2013

Refreshing the spirit

It has been a long winter.  Yesterday we spent the beautiful afternoon outside walking on the C&O by the Potomac in Harpers Ferry.  All be it a short walk, it was therapeutic to get out in the sunshine and fresh air.  The boys enjoyed splashing in mud puddles and throwing rocks in the water. 










The Easter Vigil was beautiful!  We started with joining around the fire pit and came inside with our candles, we lit each candle from one another.  The readings were beautiful.  The music was moving.  Then, the somber mood was lifted as we celebrated the resurrection.  I felt the joy of the catechumens and candidates as they became full members of the church.  And watching them receive the eucharist for the first time was beautiful!  The baptism was a refreshing experience to witness!  I especially enjoyed seeing my good friend Ruth, at mass.  

I think Saturday was one of my most cherished days of all time.  And now Aunt Barbara is here to spend Easter with us!  The boys opened their baskets and are now napping.  We'll have our egg hunt indoors later.  It's been a nice, relaxing, family focused time.  I love my husband and my boys.  So looking forward to many more times like we have enjoyed this Easter weekend!  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment