Saturday, April 20, 2013

Perspective....

I decided to take both boys out to dinner by myself tonight to Red Robin. (I had salad but the burgers smelled sooo good!) It was a very nice experience! Instead of feeling embarassed when Charlie gets overstimulated and wants to stand next to his chair and jump up and down and make noises, I let him do it. We turned some heads but who cares. If anything, it made me feel good to go out and do something with the boys and to feel proud that we were able to do it by ourselves. (Dad is out with a friend.)  Then I noticed a well know anchor for a local news network sitting right across from us with his family. Without ever looking at the young boy that was with him, I noticed he seemed to be a tad hyper too! I overheard them playing the quiet game and lots of other fun little games. It made me think about things for a bit. We all have our own struggles. But improvising and making a tough situation fun can turn it all around. Thank you for that little lesson this evening God! I needed that. ♥ ♥ ♥ my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment